cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Importing Domino mail archives

pbix
Level 3

We have EV7.5 for Exchange

Due to acqusition/merger we have some new staff joining our company, who are coming from a Domino mail infrastucture, and have a requirement to bring with them email history.

Our company previously used domino mail; all our users have already migrated to Exchange mail, but we still have a domino infrastructure in house for applications.

Previous situations like this we have had the outgoing company migrate domino mail to PST files, and then we import the PST to our vault, and users access their historical mail through archive explorer (we dont add shortcuts to the mailboxes)

We dont want to put the email history for this current batch of joiners onto a domino server, but are considering the possibility of making the NSF files available to users on a local drive/network share as a 'local' database thru their Notes client short term, then at a more leisurely pace, to import the domino NSF files to our EV,

I know that the data structure of domino archives in vault are different to that of exchange archives, so i know we cant import the data to the same archive as their new Exchange mailboxes, but hoping that they will be able to access via archive explorer, seeing two archives - one for their active Exchange mailbox and another for their historical domino data.

Is what I'm suggesting possible and are there any licensing implications or any other pitfalls?

0 REPLIES 0