cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Exchange User Groups

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I want to enable user's mailboxes by using user groups. However, there are user's in that group that I do not want them in Vault. Is there a way for me to use the Groups and exclude certain users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

The only way that I can see it is to create a another provisioning group and add the individuals or the exclusions groups and untick the Archive mailboxes in this provisioning group opton and put the exclusion provisioning group on top of the Groups provisioning group.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

The only way that I can see it is to create a another provisioning group and add the individuals or the exclusions groups and untick the Archive mailboxes in this provisioning group opton and put the exclusion provisioning group on top of the Groups provisioning group.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

We do not want add individual users, we want to only use groups since adding users will make this process tedious.

**EDIT** Ok, I got what you wanted to say. However, how do I "exclude", I do not see any options.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

well with the Provisioning like was mentioned to not archive, not enable etc, you could just shove it at the top and then just target an individual DL that you can add the users to or target users based on an LDAP query.

So for instance if there is a custom attribute or some way to identify them in AD, you can use that same method in provsioning, so if you could target based off of CustomAttribute1 that = "Do not archive" or users that are added to a distribution list or what not

That way you don't have provisioning filled with individuals accounts, you simply just add them to the DL or what not and provisioning will expand that on the AD side

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Ok, to summerize:

1) Create new provisioning group, add policies and target users.

2) Uncheck "Archive Mailboxes in this Provisioning Group"

3) Place the new provisioning group on top (Rank 1).

That's all.

JesusWept3
Level 6

yup!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes indeed....This is what I was trying to say/explain to you :)

saultie86
Level 0
Partner Accredited

H LCT,

Did this work for you?

I have a provisigroup at rank 2 which targets an OU of users. At rank 1, i have a "directors" provisining group and have unchecked "archive mailboes in this provisisoing group" and added the exception users

however they are still enabled for archving.

-> after further investigation, if i add the user so he is the target in just 1 provisioning group and uncheck "archive mailboes in this provisisoing group", the mailbox still still shows up in "enable mailbox wizard". so doesnt look like that check box does anything.

MichelZ
Level 6

The "enable mailbox wizard" is an "override" for what you set in the provisioning group, so you can enable every mailbox manually, regardless of the provisioning group. So this is "works as designed". The "archive mailboxes in this provisioning group" setting is just there to automatically archive the user.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Are you talking about existing users that are already enabled for EV and you have changed them as described above? In this case they will be shown as enabled as the users are already enabled. As Michel mentioned is an override mechanism and from what I can see it only works for brand new users which have not been provisioned and enabled before. If they have been enabled before then you will have to manually disable them (or script if you are too lazy to do clicking :-)).