cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing NSF Files into EV with no Domino Environment

JGrilli
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Client has NSF files they want to ingest to a new EV environment.  There is no Domino or Exchange environment tied to EV to create archives from.  I have attempted to create generic archives (Domino Journal, Exchange Journal, and Shared) and all attempts to import via the Import NSF Wizard in the VAC prove fruitless...says I must identify a Domino Mailbox Archive to import the NSF file into.

Is there any other way to import this data?  Some utility I'm not aware of to either import to the Domino Journal archive, or to create the Domino Mailbox archives without a live mbx?

Thank you!

JG

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how much data are you dealing with here? # of nsf files, total size, total message count?

your best bet may be to convert the NSF to PST so you have more flexibility. here's a discussion on that topic https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b23833dc-50c7-4715-a66e-b70ed2ce0cdb/convert-nsf-to-pst?forum=exchangesvrdeploylegacy

JGrilli
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Andrew B,

Thanks for responding.  I'm told it's over 10k NSF files totaling 150tb.  I don't believe they have any desire to convert the information to PST.  It would certainly be a lot of work just to convert.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing the "magic wand" tool that can make easy work of all this.

Thanks again!