cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing to a subfolder using PST Migration Wizard

Zap
Level 4
Partner

I'm sure I've done this before but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it again.

Using the PST Migration Wizard you are presented with the option to create shortcuts in "this folder under the root folder". Entering a name in the free text field such as "Migrated PST's" will create a folder in the root of the target mailbox called "Migrated PST's" as expected. The result being Mailbox\Migrated PST's\%pst file name%\archived emails

However, I want to import a large number of PST's into a specific subfolder such as  Mailbox\Migrated PST's\Projects2012\%pst file name%\archived emails. I've tried the obvious and entered in PST's\Projects2012 into the field but that just results in the creation of a new folder called "PST's\Projects2012". I've tried a couple of different things like using forward slashes, making sure the folders already exist, etc but whatever I do it always creates a single folder. I'm sure I've worked this out before.... it's driving me nuts!!!!

Anyone know how to do this? I can't find anything in the doco.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chriscolden
Level 4

Hi Zap,

One of the guys might be able to tell you differently, but I'm pretty sure this isn't possiable. The mailbox root is hard encoded as a top level, and the gui\policies only create one subfolder.

The best I think you are going to get is two subfolders.

MailboxRoot
     Migrated PSTs
     Project PSTs 2012

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chriscolden
Level 4

Hi Zap,

One of the guys might be able to tell you differently, but I'm pretty sure this isn't possiable. The mailbox root is hard encoded as a top level, and the gui\policies only create one subfolder.

The best I think you are going to get is two subfolders.

MailboxRoot
     Migrated PSTs
     Project PSTs 2012

Regards,

Chris

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did anything become of this? I mean did you test it Zap?

Working for cloudficient.com