cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox items not being archived

darrenh
Level 3
Hello,

I have a few users (including myself) whose mailboxes are setup for archiving and everything is working fine except for items in the Inbox, they are not getting archived.  I can't see any errors in the event viewer and it is not happening for all users.  Does any one have any ideas?
We have v8 SP2.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Also, what is the archive policy?  ie Archive all items older than 6 months, start with items larger than 1mb, never archive items younger than 3 weeks

You could also view the modified date of the items in the Inbox.  I have seen in the past where users that are part of a demo or poc have their items restored and this changes the modified date. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Hi Darren,

Are the items eligeble to be archived?

You could try a report run of the archiving task on your mailbox, and see what ev says to that
The report will be in c"\program files\enterprise vault\reports\archiving (??)\ folder

Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling
Also, what is the archive policy?  ie Archive all items older than 6 months, start with items larger than 1mb, never archive items younger than 3 weeks

You could also view the modified date of the items in the Inbox.  I have seen in the past where users that are part of a demo or poc have their items restored and this changes the modified date.