cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Synchronization Subtask Status - Queued/Inactive

Gwave65
Level 3

Environment:  Exchange 2010 SP2 with EV 10.0 SP1

I am currently trying to synchronize a Journal index but the subtask status keeps changing from Queued to Inactive and never enters a "In Progress" state.  I know the obvious answers of what the statuses mean, but what is really going on behind the scenes that his holding up this task from becoming "In Progress"?  Screenshot is attached.

Thanks,

Chad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gwave65
Level 3

I have abandoned the synchronization and have begun to rebuild, which is now in a Processing state and adding items as we speak.  I've had a disaster recovery case open with Advanced Support for about two months who agreed that is probably the best option at this point.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you checked the schedule if your index administration task? also, try a restart then a run now on the index administration task.

AndrewB

oh and to know what's going on behind the scenes, a dtrace will give you the most information about that.

Gwave65
Level 3

Thanks for the quick response.  The Index Administration Task schedule is set to run 24x7 and has a status of "Processing" (Attached).  I'll check out DTrace and see if I can decypher it's output.

AndrewB

what type of backups are you doing for your indexes? ideally, you dont want this schedule to overlap with your backups. and the indexes should be placed into backup mode for the duration of the backup window which would prevent any processing of this task to take place.

Gwave65
Level 3

We use Data Protection Manager (DPM) which is continuous so files never enter an official "backup mode".

Gwave65
Level 3

I have abandoned the synchronization and have begun to rebuild, which is now in a Processing state and adding items as we speak.  I've had a disaster recovery case open with Advanced Support for about two months who agreed that is probably the best option at this point.  Thank you for your help.