cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Syncs only 20.000 items

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

EV11.0.1CHF5. I have some indexes, which show Missing Items. Usually, this is no big issue, but for some of these indexes I have a large amount of these items. When using the Synchronize option, it syncs fine. However, only 20.000 items are synced. Having an archive which has many more missing items requires therefor multiple sync actions.

Is it possible (or stored somewhere) to enlarge this 20.000 to a higher value, or remove it alltogether? I do understand that if really many items are missing a rebuild might be best, but that is a last resort as far as I am concerned.

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

This is by design and described here. The design thinking here is that if an index has this many missing items, then it is symptomatic of a larger problem that bears investigation, and so a rebuild is probably more appropriate anyhow.

--Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

This is by design and described here. The design thinking here is that if an index has this many missing items, then it is symptomatic of a larger problem that bears investigation, and so a rebuild is probably more appropriate anyhow.

--Chris

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Chris. I knew there was an article on it. Will discuss rebuild.

Regards. Gertjan