cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index errors - need IndexVolumeReplay.exe tool

Marc_Beder
Level 3
Hi everyone

I have a number of corrupt index volumes following on from an Exchange server failure. We have our Exchange back online and Vault is functioning but as consequence, I now have a number of mailbox indeces to repair. Slight problem is that the IndexVolumeReplay.exe tool is not stored under the Vault installation directory. Could anyone advise where I could get hold of this as a matter of urgency?

Thanks
Marc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
IndexVolumeReplay did not give you a status bar either.  Only events in the application log give you the status of the rebuild.

The informational Event ID to show the status of the index rebuild/update/repair process was introduced in Enterprise Vault 2007.

In Enterprise Vault 2007 the Event ID is 7305

In Enterprise Vault 8.0 the Event ID is 7314

The Event ID is generated every time the Indexing service has indexed 10,000 items.

The event includes: index volume identifier, index volume path, job id, job author, job description (update/rebuild/repair), job elapsed time, processing time, number of items added, additions abandoned, items deleted, percentage completed and an estimated remaining time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
What version of Enterprise Vault are you using. Please include version and SP level

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
IndexVolumeReplay since EV2007 is now in the Vault admin console
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Oh is that why i was asking about the version...hmm maybe :p

Marc_Beder
Level 3
We are using 2007 (7.5) SP2 and yes, I am aware that you can initiate a rebuild from the Admin console but I would like to try the tool so that I can actually monitor progress of the rebuild. Through the console (right click Archives>Index Volumes...) doesn't provide much feedback as to progress.

T

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 The tool is no longer available in the version you have. It is all integrated with the VAC

Marc_Beder
Level 3
Is it not possible to still obtain the tool somewhere and use it? Just wondering...

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
IndexVolumeReplay did not give you a status bar either.  Only events in the application log give you the status of the rebuild.

The informational Event ID to show the status of the index rebuild/update/repair process was introduced in Enterprise Vault 2007.

In Enterprise Vault 2007 the Event ID is 7305

In Enterprise Vault 8.0 the Event ID is 7314

The Event ID is generated every time the Indexing service has indexed 10,000 items.

The event includes: index volume identifier, index volume path, job id, job author, job description (update/rebuild/repair), job elapsed time, processing time, number of items added, additions abandoned, items deleted, percentage completed and an estimated remaining time.

Marc_Beder
Level 3
Thank you Tony, that is very helpful