cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index move

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Hi

I have a task assigned to move the Indexing from server A – Server B, in the same site. Data has been copied.  We want to bring down the server A and starting using server B. For Indexing update should I follow the Symantec article - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH51450.html or there are any other steps to be take ?

Thanks in advance on this.

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So are you going to fail over to Server B using USL?  Or are you just going to move the Indexes, Vault Stores and partitions, and the Archive Tasks over to Server B and just turn off Server A and delete?

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Thank you for the response Tony.

We are moving the Indexes, Vault stores, Partitions. Vault stores and Partition replication has been take care and Indexing has been copied from Server A - Server B through eMCOPY. Now everything is in a ready state, while doing the cutover of Indexing to new server. What is the procedure to be followed. Definetly we will bring down the services on Server A post this.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please let me know if you have still any

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I've moved the indexes between servers several times.  Put the indexes in a back-up state, stop the services, update SQL and restart, all as stated in the the KB article.  Really pretty easy.