Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index problem in ev 10

mias
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey

I have a problem none of my archive any items index but there is plenty of archived item in the archive. When I trying to make a rebuild it just come whit is output in the generated log

Rebuild archive started at 05-01-2012 14:35:23

Archive Name: <Name>

Archive Id: <ArchiveID>

Rebuild Scope: Archive

05-01-2012 14:35:23 The index volume for the archive does not contain any indexed items.

05-01-2012 14:35:23 The rebuild has completed successfully and reported no issues.

For more information, see the online index troubleshooting technical note at:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160420

I have trying to troubleshoot by the tech note referred to (TECH160420), I have also installed the Cumulative Indexing hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0.0  but none of it helped.

Hey

I have a problem none of my archive any items index but there is plenty of archived item in the archive. When I trying to make a rebuild it just come whit is output in the generated log

"""""""""""

Rebuild archive started at 05-01-2012 14:35:23

Archive Name: <Name>

Archive Id: <ArchiveID>

Rebuild Scope: Archive

05-01-2012 14:35:23 The index volume for the archive does not contain any indexed items.

05-01-2012 14:35:23 The rebuild has completed successfully and reported no issues.

For more information, see the online index troubleshooting technical note at:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160420

"""""""

I have trying to troubleshoot by the tech note referred to (TECH160420), I have also installed the Cumulative Indexing hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0.0  but none of it helped.

In the dtrace I have made where there not any error to see so there were no clues of pursuing

Is there some one who have more suggestions for what could be wrong I'm running out of bullets

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mias
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I opened a support case on it now, and thay having also problem to find a solution on way the indexing not are working

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Is this a clean install of EV10 or an upgrade from EV9??

R_Meeker
Level 4

So the Dtrace of the following processes, as per the document shows no error, what does it show?

• EVIndexVerifyTask.exe
  • EVIndexAdminService.exe
  • EVIndexQueryServer.exe (for 64-bit volumes)
  • EVIndexVolumesProcessor (for 64-bit volumes)
  • Does the dtrace report anything, it may not error but it may give detail why things aren't being added, attach it please.

mias
    Level 4
    Partner Accredited

it´s a upgrade

mias
    Level 4
    Partner Accredited

I opened a support case on it now, and thay having also problem to find a solution on way the indexing not are working

MarkBarefoot
    Level 6
    Employee

What's the case number?