cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index repair details

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hello,
I think that I already know the answer but wanted some clarification. I had some items in an index showing as failed so I issued an index REPAIR to correct the failed items within the index. In the past I have used update and in rare occasions rebuild and my understanding is that while you are updating or rebuilding the index and services are available and functioning while the update\rebuild is taking place just in a degraded state, right? I have not seen a lot of info on the repair process but just wanted to make sure my understanding was correct.

Thanks,
Travis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
When doing an update or repair the index is searchable but will kick an error to the user instructing them that the index is being updated.

During a rebuild the index is not available to the users to search so any attempt to search will fail

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
When doing an update or repair the index is searchable but will kick an error to the user instructing them that the index is being updated.

During a rebuild the index is not available to the users to search so any attempt to search will fail

Vikes_2
Level 6
Ok that answers my question,
Thanks!