Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index volume is marked as failed Error Type: FrenzyErrorDetected

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

EV 10.0.1 - we have a Index volume is marked as failed Error Type: FrenzyErrorDetected. FailedVolumeReason - "0" which means "No Errors"

Index volume is marked as failed.

Archive Name: AAA1
Index Volume ID: 1539623A51679184CA122FEC557BD83301110000EV1_119
Reason: None
Error Type: FrenzyErrorDetected

Description: 
Error 1: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 3: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 4: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 5: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error 6: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

Tried verify / Sync / Rebuild nothing can fix this index volume. What else we can try?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

AFAIK Frenzy is logged when there are 'too many errors' being logged.

I would contact Symantec Support for assistance.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

AFAIK Frenzy is logged when there are 'too many errors' being logged.

I would contact Symantec Support for assistance.

Working for cloudficient.com

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ROb is correct in a traditional sense of the term EV Frenzy . THis will result in your services stopping . THe excerpt of the error above makes me think that this is not happening and you are resulting in an issue re-indexing your contnet and your services may not actually be stopping... just a re-use of an old term within EV that has a differnt meaning. This would not be the first time.

I still agree with Rob's direction. THere are frequently "Stop Gap" measures that can get the indexes up again despite the failures (increasing the number of permitted failrues as an example) but these are not proper "Solutions" just methods to alleviate the urgency of the situation with the intention of further pursuit. Typically indexing issues are related to storage issues. With aboslutely no information that would help me to ID the root cause of this issue... it is hard for us to really determine why you are having this issue.

Hopefully you sort it ... if you have further questions please let us know but I would encourage you to work through this issue with support.

I hope this helps and if resolved please post teh solution and flag the posting appropriately to ensure that those who are availble to help are looking at the postings which require assistance.

Regards.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Had to run EVSRV to fix some issues with missing DVS files which were lost at some point. Hence index was failing for too many errors.