cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index voumes

Shaice_Michael
Level 3

We have EV 10 with six open index volumes

One of the index volumes where data is writing currently is reached almost 90%, I would need assistance in closing filled drive,

Can I just close the filled index so that the indexes will start writing to the next open index automatically, pls help me on this.

Is there any option where we can configure that the drive will close automatically after particular threshold and what is the selection method for EV to select the next open index?

Please help me on this, thanks

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

since you have EV 10 you can close the index location via the EV console and the indexes will continue writing to the option locations.

there is currently no automatic close for indexes locations (like there is rollover for vault store partitions.)

Shaice_Michael
Level 3

Thanks for the update!

Do I need to add the new location in the Index location tab?

Currently 600 GB drive with default (8 indexes) is left with just 8 % of free space and date is writing to all the eight indexes which are open now.

I have five more empty drives attached to the server with 600 GB size, how do I start using this disk space and what is the best  approach

AndrewB
yes you got it. add the new drive and close all the old locations if they are all on the same 600GB drive that's almost full.

Shaice_Michael
Level 3

Any service restart required during the change ?

AndrewB

i dont think so but if you need me to i can test it in my lab for you

Shaice_Michael
Level 3

No, I checcked wih Veritas they said only Index service has to be restarted