cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing Service Server High Availabity(HA)

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

HI all

My Enterprise Vault environment is has follow: 

Two Windows 2008 R2 Server (Microsoft Cluster), with :

• 2 Cluster Group (One for Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 and the Other for SQL Server)
  • The EV Cluster Group (Server) as Storage, Tasks Controller and shopping service (Its also has a deprecated Indexing service not working because I don't know how to remove, from a Cluster environment)
  • I have one cluster group per server.

One Windows 2012 R2 server:

• EV Indexing Service

I need to have HA for this server, I like to convert to cluster (microsoft), all I find i to convert a full feature EV server. It's the same? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Tonaco,

Correct, you cannot cluster only one component ie. Storage or Indexing service. You will just have to configure the EV cluster as you did it for the other server.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VirgilDobos

Hi Tonaco,

Correct, you cannot cluster only one component ie. Storage or Indexing service. You will just have to configure the EV cluster as you did it for the other server.

--Virgil

Tonaco_pt

Hi VirgilDobos, 

OK I have to test that converting, it seems I understood wrong, I had the idea that if it was a indexing dedicate server  it was not possible to cluster, now if I understood correct, all I need to do is follow this article http://www.veritas.com/docs/000102293 

VirgilDobos

Hi Tonaco, yes that is the procedure. It should be pretty straightforward. :)

--Virgil

Tonaco_pt

I look at this topic more then year ago, and this is the phrase that stoped me then:

"The Enterprise Vault server must have a full set of Indexing, Shopping, Task Controller, and Storage services."

Tonaco_pt

In lab environment I try to convert to cluster and I got this results:

As I started the wizard got this pop up, the "EVSERVER" is the alias of the first server install, the server where I ran the wizard is "EXLABEVIDX"

evcluster1.png

And then I got this pop up say that my server does not have all the Service.

evcluster2.png

So I concluded that we can only convert to windows cluster if we only have 1 server with all the Service.

VirgilDobos

Good finding, mate. What you can do is to simply create the services and then only convert to cluster. there is no harm in having them as long as you do not use the server as a storage server.

--Virgil