cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial setup and configuration for FSA for Enterprise Vault 8

RCranston
Level 2
I contacted symantec support for help with initial setup and configuration for File System Archiving (FSA). The support person finally did help with some initial setup but informed me that I would need "Professional Services" for future help. Support is only for something that is broken. I did try to continue setup for a very simple test for a specific test folder, but apparently it is not working. Needless to say, trying to contact someone is very Exasperating!! So far, I really hate this product. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I have the Enterprise Vault 8 installed. I have A Vault Store Group created. I have a target File Server configured and a test folder. I created a test policy (actually I just want everything in the test folder to be archived). I created a Task, started it and did run now. The status shows zero files processed. How do I confirm any results? Thanks again for any help with this. Richard
3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
well really it all depends on what the policies are set for and whether any files match those policies in the folders themselves

Really though, support is a break/fix organization, usage of the product comes down to reading the manuals, getting some training and testing in VM type labs
but really, training is what you need, its what it's designed for, EV isn't the cheapest product out there, so buying it and not paying the few $'s to get the training doesn't really make much sense

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RCranston
Level 2
Well, I gone through the manuals but apparently I need more help.  I have tried to contact "Professional Services" but had no luck finding any contact information.
I created a test policy, in which it should look for any type of file; rule type is Archive.  Created filter and selected Last Acess, Last Modified, Created Time for anything older than one day.  I created the Task and it shows the target folder listed.  But as far as I can tell, the status of the Task shows zero files processed.  The original files look normal to me and not as placeholders.  I do not know where to look to see the results if this indeed did work; I looked in the Archive, File Systems tree but no details.

If I remove all three filters; would that automatically archive all files?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I have sent you a PM