Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input on EV DR

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I have a customer on EV 11 installed on VM

It is a new EV installation that only inlcudes FSA and we are busy with the pilot. There is only a single EV server

The customer wasn't doing proper backups and recently lost certain data, this includes

• The VM that has the EV OS
  • The Index data that was configured on a VM Data Store

But we do have

• The SQL  server and all databases
  • The Vault Store data also on a VM Data Store

I need to rebuild the system with as less work and impact as possible, I am thinking of this process

1. Create a new VM with the same host name and install EV
  2. Present the various datastores that were there previously
  3. When I run the confiiguration EV will pickup that this server has already been configured and will run a repair. EV should come up as before

My issue is I don't know what the previous Index locations were called, the data path around the Index obviously exists in the directory database. So I have two questions

1. I assume I need to create new Index paths with the same drive letter as before. EV should them determine that there is no data in this location but I can do a rebuild to recreate the Index data ( its just a pilot so there isn't much data )
  2. What table in the Directory database will contain the Index path? I need to obviously recreate this with the same name as before

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Bruce,

I believe the location for the index folders is to be found in the Directory database, table IndexrootPathEntry

Use same paths, and then use the indexing admin part to rebuild all indexes.

Have fun :)

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Bruce,

I believe the location for the index folders is to be found in the Directory database, table IndexrootPathEntry

Use same paths, and then use the indexing admin part to rebuild all indexes.

Have fun :)

Regards. Gertjan

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Gert :)