cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry regarding Compatibility

EVUser0704
Level 4

Hello there,

I want to know if EV 11.0.1 CHF2 supports Exchange 2010 SP3 RU 11. I currently have Exchange 2010 SP3 RU3, however we wish to upgrade.

Also, what all things should be taken care of from an EV admin's perspective while performing this upgrade? Like, any changes to OWA extensions etc?

Thanks

Regards,

EVUser

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Exchange 2010 SP1, SP2, and SP3 are supported. support is not broken down per update like it is with 2013 because it's not the same. i think with 2013 MS changed the way they approach Exchange updates and that's why Veritas had to change the way they are supported.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

According to the compatibility charts, it's not yet: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH38537

Working for cloudficient.com

EVUser0704
Level 4

Thank you, Rob. However I do not see compatibility for any RU mentioned for Exchange 2010. Are you absolutely sure it's not supported?

Regards,

EV User

AndrewB

Exchange 2010 SP1, SP2, and SP3 are supported. support is not broken down per update like it is with 2013 because it's not the same. i think with 2013 MS changed the way they approach Exchange updates and that's why Veritas had to change the way they are supported.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Andrew is correct, with 2010 it wasn't tested individually... the changes in 2013 and the update rollups are a different beast.

EVUser0704
Level 4

Thank you, Andrew. I appreciate it and I agree with you too, but my client isn't ready to install RU 11 until they know it's fully supported by EV. Last time when they upgraded to RU3, it broke their EV access through OWA.

I was hoping to stumble across someone if they have seen Exchange 2010 SP3 RU 11 working with EV 11.0.1 CHF2 for sure, through this post.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd suggest trying it in a lab.  Issues to OWA are largely solved by reinstalling the OWA Add-in? Or was it something 'more' than that?

AndrewB

it's known that you need to reinstall the EV OWA addin after applying Exchange updates and it's been that way for quote some time. are there any other concerns you have?