cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install EV 10 Cluster Passive Node error.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

HI all,

I'm upgrade ev9.3 to ev 10.4 in a cluster environment, when upgrading the other node I got the following errro:

EVOM Reporting

Failed

Server2.ritta.local: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services has not been detected, or an unsupported version is present. For the latest information on the supported versions of SQL Reporting Services, see the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts at http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537.

Enterprise Vault cluster server was:

2 physical Windows 2008 r2 Server.

2 failover group (a SQL server and a MSMQ / Enterprise vault server)

on the server1 I installed the SQL reporting server.

I got stuck  on the passive node, I continued the instalation, just prevent the MSMQ\EV cluster group from failover to the server2. 

Does any one know how can I update the passive server?

90px_ev10erro1.png90px_ev10erro2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tonaco_pt

Call, Symantec support, and got the solution:

Issue

An upgrade or reinstall of Enterprise Vault results in an error indicating that the SQL Server Reporting Services has not been detected.

Error

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services has not been detected, or an unsupported version is present.

Cause

The error is caused by the fact that Enterprise Vault Reporting services has been previously installed on the Enterprise Vault server.

Solution

1). Start - Run - Regedit

2). Expand HKLM\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install\
      or
      Expand HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install
3). Double-click EVOMReporting
4). Change the Value from "Installed" to "Not Installed". Click Ok to save the changes. 
5). Close the registry. The installation should now proceed without generating the error. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dylan_J
Not applicable

Hi mate,

Did you do a hardware migration or an inplace EV upgrade? 

Tonaco_pt
In place upgrade.

Tonaco_pt

The 1st node is now completely operational.

Tonaco_pt

Call, Symantec support, and got the solution:

Issue

An upgrade or reinstall of Enterprise Vault results in an error indicating that the SQL Server Reporting Services has not been detected.

Error

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services has not been detected, or an unsupported version is present.

Cause

The error is caused by the fact that Enterprise Vault Reporting services has been previously installed on the Enterprise Vault server.

Solution

1). Start - Run - Regedit

2). Expand HKLM\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install\
      or
      Expand HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install
3). Double-click EVOMReporting
4). Change the Value from "Installed" to "Not Installed". Click Ok to save the changes. 
5). Close the registry. The installation should now proceed without generating the error.