cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Enterprise vault 9 client as Virtual package by by Microsoft APP V 4.6 SP1

MS_Tamer
Not applicable

HI,

I have Enterprise vault 9, and I plan to deploy office 2010 Virtualized by  Microsoft APP V 4.6 SP1,

And also i need to deploy Enterprise vault client 9 as virtual package by Microsoft APP V 4.6 SP1,

I think the older version of Enterprise vault client as version 8 is not supported to be virtualized by Microsoft APP V 4.6 SP1,

So my question, Is it Enterprise vault 9 client is supported to be virtual application by Microsoft APP V 4.6 SP1 or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's not certified/supported, but you MIGHT be able to get it to work.  You will, of course, need the 9.0.1 client at a minimum since that is where support was added for Office 2010 (and you will need to make sure you have the HTTP/Lite client).  In fact, I'd go for the latest 9.0.2 Cumulative Client but you'll need to see how it works in your environment.

The issue with rolling it out (if you can get it to work, and adapt your policies to succeed) then, if you get any issues you'll be on your own unless you can demonstrate the problem in a non- App V environment.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think if it is not in the Compatibility list, it is not supported by Symantec.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38537

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's not certified/supported, but you MIGHT be able to get it to work.  You will, of course, need the 9.0.1 client at a minimum since that is where support was added for Office 2010 (and you will need to make sure you have the HTTP/Lite client).  In fact, I'd go for the latest 9.0.2 Cumulative Client but you'll need to see how it works in your environment.

The issue with rolling it out (if you can get it to work, and adapt your policies to succeed) then, if you get any issues you'll be on your own unless you can demonstrate the problem in a non- App V environment.

Working for cloudficient.com