cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed OWA extensions, then iphone/smartphone mail stopped

TRP
Level 5

Hi all 

Yesterday I installed the OWA extensions for exch 2003 in EV8. I followed the video tutorial on the sym site to the letter and it worked fine... except it stopped our iPhones/smartphones getting email. Normal OWA still worked but the phones stopped getting email. The phones use our webmail url.

I uninstalled OWA extensions but it did not fix the problem.

Does anyone know what could have happened??

thanks

Tracy

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Well do you have an errors in the IIS logs or on the iphones that might be indicating what the issue was?

the iphone uses ActiveSync for Exchange mailboxes so the queries within IIS should stick out quite easily

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TRP
Level 5

thanks, I'll check the IIS logs.

TRP
Level 5

what would I be looking for in the IIS log?

The iPhones say they cannot contact the server... not terribly helpful.

thanks

Tracy

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK so just searching on ActiveSync in the IIS logs should show that at least the commands are getting there, but if we don't see any requests there, then it would seem to show that its failing at your ISA/Forefront/Firewall and not passing the requests back

it could just be a strange coincidence that EV was installed at the same time the firewall started blocking the case, unless for the OWA installation you also made changes to the firewall to allow for items to be retrieved properly, which that config change could have broken the active sync

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TRP
Level 5

Found the answer :)

Turns out that the OWA extensions had un-ticked the "integrated windows authentication" option in IIS/Exchange/directory secutiry/authentication and access control.

I'll be keeping an eye on things when I reinstall the OWA extensions.

cheers

Tracy