cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing EV Reporting service manually after the EV has been installed ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi,

is it possible to install the EV Reporting service after the EV setup has been completed or this must be done together during the upgrade/clean installation ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yes you can deploy the reports at any time. just run the setup and check the ev reporting box.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB

yes you can deploy the reports at any time. just run the setup and check the ev reporting box.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

and just to add to that, you have to install it on a server that has SSRS
Typically it would be a SQL Server, but you can install it on an EV server, nothing wrong with that

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Santana
Level 6

Thank you Jesus,

"but you can install it on an EV server, nothing wrong with that", my current EV server doesn't have SQL server installed, so in this case I must install it on the SQL Server 2005 SP4 database server where it does have SSRS feature installation.

AndrewB

that's just fine too. you don't want SQL on the same server as EV anyway.

what JW was saying was that you could, for example, install SSRS on your DA server and the databases would be on your SQL server.

John_Santana
Level 6

I'm planning to install it on different Windows Server 2008 box and the SQL Server is on the different box.

EV Server - Windows Server 2003 Ent SP2 32 bit
SQL Server - Windows Server 2003 Std SP2 32 bit + SQL Server 2005 SP4
Report Management server - Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 32 bit + SSRS 2005 SP4 component only pointing to the SQL Server DB above.

will that configuration working ?

AndrewB

looks fine to me

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, many thanks for the advice Andrew !