cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing OWA 2003 Extension

JoJoD
Level 3
Hi,

Im in the process of installing the OWA 2003 Extension.

Am using EV 8.0  with Exchange 2003 Front End and Back End.

Should i put anyting on the evservers.txt file?  if so, What do i put in it?  ip address? fqdn?

TIA.
JoJo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a read of the Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.chm or pdf in your documentation folder.  There is a section for configuring OWA for 2000 and 2003.

To answer your question, use these steps found in the doc to create the txt file:

To create EVSservers.txt

Log on to any Enterprise Vault server, using an account that has any Enterprise Vault administrator permissions.

Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the OWA 2003 Extensions subfolder of the Enterprise Vault installation folder (normally C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\OWA).

Double-click MakeEVServersTxt.wsf.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a read of the Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.chm or pdf in your documentation folder.  There is a section for configuring OWA for 2000 and 2003.

To answer your question, use these steps found in the doc to create the txt file:

To create EVSservers.txt

Log on to any Enterprise Vault server, using an account that has any Enterprise Vault administrator permissions.

Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the OWA 2003 Extensions subfolder of the Enterprise Vault installation folder (normally C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\OWA).

Double-click MakeEVServersTxt.wsf.

James_Slack
Level 6
I didn't know there was a way to automatically make the EV Servers .txt file. That's pretty trick.

I have always manually added the IPs of all Exchange servers to it. Which I guess you just need in there right? IPs of all the physical and virtual front and back end Exchange stuff.

Thanks.

James_Slack
Level 6

Double post - sorry, some major lag today.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 yep, it's an all new way of installing Exchange 2003 extensions in EV8 - makes your life and supports life a lot easier.  We will see how good and how much easier  this new installation and update procedures are when MS release SP's and patches that update the control file directories on Exchange.

JoJoD
Level 3
Thanks for the answers.