cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone support with Evault 9.0.1

delainej
Level 2

Does anyone know if you will be able to view vaulted messages on the Iphone ever?  I am not sure if this is an Apple deal or a Symantec deal??

6 REPLIES 6

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Enterprise Vault Mobile Search

Symantec Enterprise Vault™ Mobile Search lets you search for and view Exchange archived emails and their attachments from the Internet browser on your mobile device. The main difference between Mobile Search and a typical configuration of Enterprise Vault on your office network is that Mobile Search only provides viewing. So, for example, you cannot reply to or forward an archived

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

@ mazwits 

Mobile Search as nothing to do what delainej is looking for, is simply searching using a diffrent browser.

@delainej

please, the product is not called evault... I still dont think there are any plans for iphone as of yet, however seeing that android has overtaken apple i dont see the point :p

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

wayne you are such a miserable git!
I think really if they released anything for the iphone before the blackberry, that wouldn't go down too well, but the issue is there isnt a feasible enterprise worthy app yet for the iphone, that is until Good comes along, and even then who knows how long, if ever, there would be anything out for it.

The only thing i can see happening is that EV would work with the rumored iphone Domino client as domino and its templates are supposed to be platform agnostic.

As for calling it eVault, who cares, and as for android over taking apple, again who cares, the wii outsells them both, should we have an Evault addin to archive your wii-miis? :p

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The question was "

Does anyone know if you will be able to view vaulted messages on the Iphone ever?  I am not sure if this is an Apple deal or a Symantec deal??

"

From the iphone using it's browser you can view the archives if you have setup Mobile Search.

Yes, I know it's not an "app"...  but it's what works today.

delainej
Level 2

Sorry to sound really dumb, but what is "mobile search", is this something I need to install for Safari on the IPHONE?

delainej
Level 2

Enterprise Vault Mobile Search

Symantec Enterprise Vault Mobile Search is a Web-based application that lets you use a browser on a mobile device to search for and view archived Microsoft Exchange Server emails and their attachments. You cannot use Mobile Search to reply to or forward an archived email, or to save an attachment.

Mobile Search accepts connection requests from most common mobile devices without the need for any device-specific configuration. The available mobile device models and ranges change continually, so we do not specify a list of supported devices.

You install Mobile Search separately from the main Enterprise Vault installation. Among other prerequisites, it requires the Enterprise Vault Runtime API to be installed on the Mobile Search server. No client installation is required on the mobile device. For information about installing and configuring Mobile Search, see the Setting up Exchange Server Archiving manual.

For end users, there is a Mobile Search Getting Started guide, which is on the Enterprise Vault release media.