cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Enterprise Vault 10.4 now supported on Server 2012

sunpete
Level 2

Hi folks

Can it be confirmed if Enterprise Vault 10.4 is now supported on Windows Server 2012? 

The latest compatibilty chart say it is pending until the release of Windows hotfix KB 2878182.  The Symantec Technet  article http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH207259 states "When this fix is available, Symantec will declare general Windows 2012 support with the following exceptions:"

However this fix is now available and I have applied it to Server 2012 but Symantec support refuse to give support.

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just tell them that the fix that is talked about in the TECH207259 TechNote is now available and installed.
Try to escalate the case if they still don't want it.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
What do you mean by Symantec support refuse to give support?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The TN was just updated 2013-08-30 and it says:

When this fix is available, Symantec will declare general Windows 2012 support with the following exceptions:

• Support for Enterprise Vault Domino archiving will depend on a future Enterprise Vault fix.
  • There is no estimated date for a fix to the XML corruption issues that affect Discovery Accelerator searches.

What is it support is refusing to work with you on?

MichelZ
Level 6

Just tell them that the fix that is talked about in the TECH207259 TechNote is now available and installed.
Try to escalate the case if they still don't want it.

sunpete
Level 2

Thanks for the replies,

Using the migration wizard I was migrating from EV 9.4 to EV 10.4 on a new 2012 server.  The migration wizard reported no issues however the the EV Directory Service would not start.  I logged a support call and was told that they would not support this upgrade scenario. 

To clarify the 2 exceptions listed in the tech article do not apply to the environment.

• Support for Enterprise Vault Domino archiving will depend on a future Enterprise Vault fix.
  • There is no estimated date for a fix to the XML corruption issues that affect Discovery Accelerator searches.

Below is the summary email from support: 

"As per the compatibility chart windows server 2012 is still not supported for Enterprise Vault and the support status is pending. Please refer to below article for the compatibility chart.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

Also you can subscribe to the below article for updates for this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH207259

Thanks & Regards"

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

And if Symantec still refuse to help, you can always give moe details of the issue here - and maybe we can all help?

Working for cloudficient.com

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Sunpete.

IMO I think that Support is incorrect in not supporting it and you should push back stating that they offer support using the documentation necessary. Sometimes this happens and sometimes the rep you are getting is working off dated information....or has other challenges in performing their jobs.

Per my understanding, and supported by the SYMC knowledge base, this is supported with the exclusions mentioned above. You can post the details of your issue... but it seems to me that this posting is designed to confirm support to this config and not necessarily to resolve issues other than your denial of support.

If you ahve already gotten past this point and no longer are having this issue... please flag the appropriate posting as having resolved your issue so that those requiring assistance can have the resouces offering it directed to them.

Thanks in advanced and please let us know how this panned out.

Regards