cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have mixed outlook clients with and without anywhere function working with EV?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm asking this cause we have had environmeant where users have had outlook 2007, mailserver has been exc 2007 and EV was in version 8.

Goal is to update the mailservers to version exc 2013.

Now we have updated users outlook to 2010 version and EV server to 10.0.4 and this has been working just fine together havin the exc 2007 mailserver.

But, some pilot users have been migrated to the new exc 2013 server and as a result when they open the outlook they get error message:

Error "Enterprise Vault is not available because of your Outlook Configuration" when opening Outlook Anywhere.

My exchange admin tells me that the new mailserver requires the RPC over HTTP (outlook anywhere) to be on.. true?

And if I now configure the EV server to allow the anywhere connections, will the old users having their mailboxes still in the exc 2007 loose their connection to archive? ( http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58377 )

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You should consider this change:

2014-02-26_07h15_08.png

.. You're just preventing the EV Outlook Addin from disabling itself when it detects Outlook Anywhere.  [It *thinks* you're in some far flung edge-of-the-planet type of place]

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You should consider this change:

2014-02-26_07h15_08.png

.. You're just preventing the EV Outlook Addin from disabling itself when it detects Outlook Anywhere.  [It *thinks* you're in some far flung edge-of-the-planet type of place]

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Rob!

so what's the difference between doing that and actually configuring it to use the anywhere? Is it so that only setting that to "none" will allow all versions both anywhere and non-anywhere outlook clients to function properly and if I do the full anywhere connectivity configurations it only works with it then?

Also if it is that easy with one switch to allow it - why to configure it properly at all... ? What are the main differences?

Sani B.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Some or all of this is described in the documentation... and no there is more to it if you want it to work in a 'proper' RPC/HTTP configuration.

What you're doing with that setting is 'allowing' the EV Outlook Addin to try it's normal routing of connecting to *EV* via HTTP, and if successful it'll carry on.