Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any document Symantec has given for number of users

MontoN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

Is symantec has provided any document provide information about limitations of users on one EV server for mailbox archiving?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It depends very much on server specs (processors/cores and RAM).

I've been in environments where the EV-server archived 7500 users, and also I now have 2 servers doing 9500 users (i.e. 4700 approx) (16 cores/32GB RAM)

Archiving window is 6 hours, no backlog.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA

It depends very much on server specs (processors/cores and RAM).

I've been in environments where the EV-server archived 7500 users, and also I now have 2 servers doing 9500 users (i.e. 4700 approx) (16 cores/32GB RAM)

Archiving window is 6 hours, no backlog.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i wish it were that simple but you can ask 5 different people and get 5 different answers. there are also environmental factors and exchange configuration that can limit your options. as a general rule of thumb, i like to keep it under 5000 per EV server.

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

agree with the GJ's comment,It depends very much on server specs (processors/cores and RAM).

there is no limitations as such in EV for Mailbox archving rather you need to provision your setup according to your site and archiving requirement.

regards

Chetan

MontoN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Andrew. Pleasure hear from you. My concern was, has Symantec has provided any document for same.

Regards,

MontoN

MontoN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thank you , Mr. Chetan.

MontoN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much All

GertjanA

Monton, can you select an answer as 'solution' if you are happy with them? This will set this question to 'solved' which will prevent others to look at this to help. This is not necessary anymore if you are satisfied with the answer given. This also helps others with the same question to find an answer.

Thanks!

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan