Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue adding the node to the cluster

Victor_Geyyer_2
Level 3

Hello,

EV 10.0.2.

I am wondering if anybody came across the problem with adding new node to EV cluster (3rd node).  I installed the binaries, ran ‘configuration’, add node to the existing cluster group (exactly like I did adding 2nd node to the cluster without issues)

EnterpriseVaultServerInstance failed to start on the newly added node of the cluster.

Description on the pop-up failure is “%1 is not win32 application”. 

Event ID 1069 is being logged into the System Log:

“Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering

Date:          2/9/2013 6:07:01 PM

Event ID:      1069

Task Category: Resource Control Manager

Level:         Error

Keywords:     

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      Newnode.MyDomain.com

Description:

Cluster resource 'MyClusterGroup-EnterpriseVaultServerInstance' in clustered service or application 'MyClusterName' failed.”

Please share any ideas.

Very much appreciated in advance.

Thank you,

Victor

1 REPLY 1

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure if your 3 rd is completely new (as you have told fresh install) or you have uninstall/install which left some footprints behind such as registry and stopping you to add in existing cluster resource.

Please check the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise vault \ install) and hives such as install path, vesion. if you see that then uninstall the EV completely and delete EV registry then install & run config wizard once again.

This error also seen during failover to another node due to pre upgrade EV registry info http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70138