cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when migrating from one EV Site to another using 3rd Party Tool

Sheldon_GN
Level 3

Hi,

Using EV12 and migrating items from one Geo Site to another. Both environments running EV12. 

The Source & Target EV Sites have two EV Servers built on 2-Node Windows Clusters. The 3rd Party Tool is using the EV API to interact with EV on both ends. For some reason, when running the migrations, it fails with the Error, "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040300): Enterprise Vault is not running."

When testing the API Connectivity, there is no issue, and when checking the services on the EV Server, they are online. On looking at the Knowledge Base I find only one article that is related to DA. Though the solution/workaround seems logical, this seems to be a potential interference in the migration. 

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza
4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Sheldi,

Make sure the EV Storage Service is running on the EV servers. If the service is running, restart it to attempt to clear any stuck processes from memory, then check the review page to see if the item can be previewed.

If restarting the service does not resolve the issue, restart the EV server to clear any stuck processes from memory and to reregister in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.
--Virgil

GertjanA

additionally, make sure you use the exact same API as the EV versions are. i.e. if EV = 12.3.1, use API 12.3.1, not the 12.3 one.

And, make sure the service account for the 3rd party tool has the proper permissions on EV and storage and SQL on both sides.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

Is there any real difference in running the EV API installation from the EV Install Media?

What permissions apart from the regular permissions given to the EV VSA would we be interested in having the service account of the migration application?

Thanks & Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza

GertjanA

Hello again. I assume you use TransVault?

The install media might be 12.3, but you might have applied a CHF, like 12.3.1 or perhaps 12.3.2

That CHF has always a new API also. As for the permissions, if I recall correct, the migratnig service account needs to have at least read permissions on the source, both data and on SQL databases. On the target, the account should be in the EV Power Administrator group, and also have full permissions on data locations and SQL databases. That is all described in the manual of the migration application.

IF above for EV checks out, I would contact support for the migrating application first, perhaps they know of the issue.

Regards. Gertjan