help4IT
Level 2
Partner
Hi

Setup: -

OS - Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86
Application - Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3
SQL - SQL Express 2005 SP3 with Advanced Reporting Services

The installation went reasonably straight forward and I ran through the various configuration options. Before I ran the Vault Reporting Services Configuration I was able to access http://localhost/Reports/  which is my local machines ReportManager IIS directory. After the Vault Report Configuration had been setup I was unable to access this anymore and got the error -

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

I understand this error is due to the SQL 'rsreportserver.config' file being modified by setup to read:-

<Security>
            <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension" />
        </Security>
        <Authentication>
            <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension" />
        </Authentication>

Where:-

<Security>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />
 </Security>
 <Authentication>
  <Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

Once was. So I changed this back to the Mircosoft was so I could get access. I can now see the various types of reports, however when I click on one I get the following error :-

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'EVDataExtension' that is not registered for this report server. (rsDataExtensionNotFound)

Searching for help with the following error leads me to check the web.config file and add the node :-

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces"
publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91"
culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="8.0.242.0"
newVersion="9.0.242.0"/>
</dependentAssembly>
</assemblyBinding>

As per the instructions on page
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305829.htm . The only problem with this is that the node is already present. I have tried re-running the Reporting Configuration Utility as noted in Scenario 2 but this just brings me back to the start of my process and I can no longer access reports.

Anybody have a similar experience and able to offer any insight?

Thanks

Eusebio

0 REPLIES 0