Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues deploying Outlook client Addin using GPO

Ezakial
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

I need to mass deploy EV outlook client add-in to large number of desktops. I used GPO software installation feature to create a software package, distribution point and created a OU call EV client on AD and assigned user configuration GPO to this OU, so any users added into this OU will get the EV client publish on their desktop after logon. Here I have issue, I see the EV client is publish in the Add/Remove programs but when I click on install Add button from Add new programs, I get a an error message,

"Symantec Enterprise vault outlook client add-in cannot be installed per-user".  However from the same client login , I can initiate the manual installation by accessing the distrubution folder , ex:\\server\share\EVOutlookAdd-in.msi", so I do not see this error message when I manually initiate the installation. Hence I think there is some issues in my GPO configuration which is preventing the installation.

Please note I'm using EV9 outlook add-in version and outlook clients verison is "MS Outlook 2003".

Client OS :Windows SP SP3, and DC :Windows Server 2003 SP2

Appreciate your help in resolving this issue. Many Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I think the error message is "clear" here. You need to deploy the EV Client to "Computers", and not to "Users".

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I think the error message is "clear" here. You need to deploy the EV Client to "Computers", and not to "Users".

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

gmunyadzwe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am going thru challenges installing the EV Outlook add-in. The client has a mixture of Office 03,07 and 2010. I would like to use AD for the deployment. Anybody know of a script to do that? If it was just one type of Office then it could be straight foward