cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item missing from Sent folder when replying to archived an item - Using Outlook Add In

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a scenario where a user opens Outlook and searches their archive via Outlook add-in. The open the archived item and reply to it. Normally it shows in the Sent folder in their Outlook but it does not for this user. 

It works fine if we go to the EV search page in a browser and open the same emails and reply to them. Item will show in the sent folder once it is sent.

We tried disabling all others add-in

Removed and reinstalled EV add in as well as installed a newer version of it.

Checked Outlook options settings to save sent items in sent folder 

Zapped the user mailbox

5 REPLIES 5

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do you have versions and maybe a client log? I think there was a setting as to the open or reply behavior that may impact what is returned and as a result what you are actually hitting reply on.

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"known good" client log and bad client log would be ideal

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Enterprise Vault Client 12.4.2.1486 (Light functionality enabled)
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Edition (build 17763), 64-bit
Microsoft Outlook 2016 Click-to-Run, 64-bit (16.0.0.11328)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.437.17763.0

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

I remember a case exactly like this from back when I was in Support. Unfortunately, the customer stopped responding and we just had to close it without figuring out what happened. I think MFCMAPI might be useful here, to see whether nothing is saved in Sent Items, or something is saved but also marked hidden. I also agree that parallel client traces from working and non-working users would help.

--Chris

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I'll try MFCMAPI first. I dont want to spend too much time right now editing the log files to not show the company's info.