cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItemId decode

bruphi10
Level 3

Hi all,

I would like to decode the name of FSA archived files in the ExpressVaultStore Database of EV12.
I think that this name is coded in dbo.view_saveset2.ItemId  (SHA256).

May i decode this name with Microsoft SqlServer 2014.

Thanks

Bruno

2 REPLIES 2

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Bruno,

I don’t think you need to decode the FileID. There is one more column Properties in the same view dbo.view_saveset2 that can give you the name of FSA archived files. You need to use SQL inbuilt function (don’t know yet) to take the file name out of entire string.

Regards

Pradeep

Pradeep's right that the Properties column has the filename. It's actually encoded a couple different ways depending on the version of EV that archived the item. The below SQL will decode the filename and stick it at the front of the view_Saveset2 view.

SELECT CASE
    WHEN LEFT(sp.properties,2) = '<?'
THEN SUBSTRING(properties, (CHARINDEX('<filename>', properties)+10), (CHARINDEX('</filename>', properties)-(CHARINDEX('<filename>', properties)+10))) WHEN LEFT(sp.properties,6) = 'FSA/3/'
THEN SUBSTRING(properties, 7, CHARINDEX('/', properties, 7)-7) WHEN LEFT(sp.properties,6) = '<C v="'
THEN SUBSTRING (properties, 7, CHARINDEX('|',properties, 7)-7) /* for sharepoint */ END AS Filename, * FROM view_Saveset2 AS sp

Sample results:

Capture.JPG

--Chris