cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items in Vault Store waiting to be indexed

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Recently (3 weeks ago) migrated to EV 10.0.4 from 9.0.1. I've had only a few issues and have been able to get them resolved with the help of support. Now I have a new issue. I received calls from our user base saying that when they search EV they see the following error "The Vault that you are searching is being updated". The index is not in backup mode and I have checked the individual index and there were no failures. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is this happening to you too?

Everyone?

A few people?

Is the indexing service running?

Have you restarted your EV server?

I've seen it happening *briefly* for some users during a heavy archiving run, whilst indexing tries to keep up with the items being archived, but it shouldn't stick around for 'long'.

Working for cloudficient.com

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Happening to everyone, Indexer Service is running and no, I have not restarted the server yet.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sometimes it can get hung. no harm in restarting the index service to see if it helps

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Restarted the server but still had the error. I did go to manage indexes, verify. I found that one index was missing an item.

AndrewB

did that fix your issue? if not, can you look in your event logs for relevant errors or warnings and share those with us?

PoorAdmin
Level 6

The verify found no errors so I ran a synchronize. It complete and now there are no missing items but the error is still there even after I update the status.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

or I mean Re-run checks. There is no change.

Merv
Level 6
Partner
Try to run the sql queries here to find out if there is any real indexing backlog. As Andrew mentioned if you rerun all checks it will tell you that only if goes over a monitoring threshold limit. When you did the verify and sync against a user archive there should be 2 index volumes - one 32bit index and one 64 bit one(EV 10.) Were there any items in the 64 bit index volume..better still have a look at the index volume browser to search for 64 bit index volumes? All empty or are there items in there? Once you have some info to confirm there is a problem restart your index services again and run the dtace via console select the template for search and indexing issues and set it to like 20 mins. After 20 mins check through the dtrace log for words like "exception" "error" or "failed" any hex codes like "0x800" or "0xc0" You may simply to reset or reinstall the 64-bit indexing engine ..there is a technote on how to do that, but good to find out why.. Sql query tech: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO59167 Indexing startup tech: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO56312 Reset index engine tech: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO59060

AndrewB

how are you coming along with this?