cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items in limbo

Ulf_Thomas_Joha
Level 3
Hi (again)

I am (still) in a migration scenario where we are moving from one Exchange server to another. Now, because of some problems with the system mailbox, which now are fixed, I have some items which have the "archiving in progress"-icon. These cant be archived nor retrieved. How would I go about clearing this status from the items?

Thanks. :)

Regards

Ulf Thomas
7 REPLIES 7

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Highlight the item in Outlook (with the EV client installed).

Tools --> Enterprise Vault --> Cancel Operation

Aaron_Mears
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Not sure what version you have...for Journaling with 5.x you can do the following:

1. On the EV server, add the as DWORD with 0 value under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SOFTWARE

\KVS

\Enterprise Vault

\Agents

2. Close Registry.

3. In the EV Admin console, Double click Journaling service, On the general Tab, select "report mode"

4. From Service Control manager, restart EV Admin Service (This will restart the Journal service in report mode)

5. After 5 - 10 minutes, check the old messages to see if they are no longer in the PendingArchive.

6. Unselect "report mode" on Journaling service

7. Restart Journal service

8. If this fixes the problem, remove or set it to -1

David_Messeng1
Level 6
This is documented in the help and it doesn't work.

Glenn_Martin
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Just to clarify for non-journal user.

The method that Aaron described does work for me, in my case, I set the registry as described but run a report mode on the appropriate archive service for the user with the problem. It's a shame that a normal archive run doesn't take care of these pending items but it doesn't and it's a source of constant annoyment for users.

Gm

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Cancel archive pending DOES work in normal mode as well as report mode.
The restriction is that you cannot do a normal mode run and have the key set to 0. That's because it'd end up cancelling the items it's just made archive pending!

So if you set it to 2 or 3 for example it'll work just find in normal mode and cancel any items which are archive pending for 2 or 3 days (as appropiate)

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Guys,

to elaborate, it doesn't work (*all the time*). Depends on why the item is stuck pending. It'll clear the stuff it can but sometimes it can't.

David

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
You could always use the 3rd party utility "DocMessageClass" to revert the message class and reset the icons.

http://www.plustech.co.uk/Products/docmsgclass.html