cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Archive Oldest/youngest item date NULL

EVKydd
Level 4

Hi All,

I need to figure out which Journal archives can be deleted by looking at the oldest and youngest item in the archive. When I run the sql query to pull the oldestitemdateUTC and YoungestItemDateUTC it shows as NULL for most of the archives. Is there a way to set this? Using the expiry process isn't an option because we are looking at processing against 3+Billion items.

Running EV 10.0.4 HF3

Any suggestions/solutions are much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it depends on why they show null. off the top of my head, could be a bunch of malformed email in your archive or it could have been an indexing issue in which case the way to fix it would be to repair/reindex.

have you upgraded all your index volumes to 64bit?

have you looked in index manager to see if any have issues?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

give this script a try. it will list all the archives, the oldest item by sent/received date, and oldest item by archived date

SELECT A.ArchiveName, 
       CONVERT(VARCHAR(20), IV.OldestItemDateUTC, 100) "Oldest Sent/Received Date",
       CONVERT(VARCHAR(20), IV.OldestArchivedDateUTC, 100) "Oldest Archived Date"
FROM   Archive A, IndexVolume IV
WHERE  IV.RootIdentity = A.RootIdentity
  AND  IV.OldestItemDateUTC IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY IV.OldestItemDateUTC

EVKydd
Level 4

Andrew this is good stuff. Can anything be done about the index volumes to make it so the volumes no longer show as null?

AndrewB

it depends on why they show null. off the top of my head, could be a bunch of malformed email in your archive or it could have been an indexing issue in which case the way to fix it would be to repair/reindex.

have you upgraded all your index volumes to 64bit?

have you looked in index manager to see if any have issues?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It might have been that someone has deleted indexlocations of 'really old' archives, to free up diskspace.

(been there)

Only way to get that info is as Andrew says, repair/sync/rebuild those indexes. (which might not be worth the effort)

Regards. Gertjan

EVKydd
Level 4

Thanks guys.

Confirmed it was the 32bit indexes there were reporting Null. I'm in the process of upgrading them.

AndrewB

glad the info helped. can you mark the solution so others with the same question know which post helped you find the answer?