cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Search in test environment not working properly

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Hey all,

I've set up a test environment using a copy of my prod environment and I have everything working except for searching the Journal mailbox.  I can manually archive (and properly search for) messages from any mail account and the journal mailbox is getting messages (pending icons) in the Journal mailbox.  But if I search for items in the Journal mailbox, I get no results.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
PM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You may want to try a rebuild, the time will vary on the rebuild depending on the size\number of the archived items associated to that index.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Phil,
It sounds like a permissions issue or something.  Are there errors in the EV App log?

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thanks Tony.

That's a good thought but I think the permissions are set properly.  Do you think it might be a corrupted index? 

If it's permissions related, I'm logging onto the EV server with the vault admin account and the vault admin account has full rights to the journal mailbox.  When I do the search from the web page, I did find out that I can see mail from ealier than 5/25/07 but nothing from then to present. 

I did have an issue where when i built the environment, I copied over the indexes/partitions from 7/21 but the database didn't copy over cleanly so I restored one from 8/21 and had a DBA go over the databases to make sure they were clean.  Could there be an issue with the index and database being out of sync?  I would think that the only issue might be that the database would see mail from 7/21 to present but there wouldn't be any dvs files.  This would only be an issue if you were trying to access a message from that time frame. Correct?  If I try to access mail from before or in the future, it should be fine.  correct?

I hope that wasn't terribly confusing.  I'll try to elaborate more tomorrow after i get some sleep.

Thanks.
PM.

TonySterling
Phil,
Given those issues you had with the database you may want to do an update on the index.  

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Tony, how can I update the Index?

Thanks for your help.
PM.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Tony,

I ran the indexvolumerepay tool and I tried to update the Index but I get "the index volume has been marked as failed. Reference: Too many consecutive failed items"

Is this because the database thinks there are messages in the index that aren't there (because the difference in the index and sql restore dates)?  I could see this being a problem if I wanted to view the messages that fall in between those dates, but there should be a way to work around this and be able to view current/future journaled mail as well as the dates when the index and DB were in synch.  Am I way off here?

Thanks.
PM.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Tony,

Will "Rebuilding" the Index for this journal account fix the issue and allow the index volume to be enabled for searching?  How long does a rebuild take?

TonySterling
You may want to try a rebuild, the time will vary on the rebuild depending on the size\number of the archived items associated to that index.