Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal export without original Exchange server

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Wondering if anyone can help.

We have a customers ev where they have moved exchange away and powered off the old exchange server.

But would like a export from the journal mailbox.

So we have a mailbox on the new exchange server itself.  but not running any ev archiving to it.

is there any way to export to pst.  without have full permission on the new exchange server for the evservice acount to access the new journal mailbox on that same exchange server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Andrew,

found the issue.  Was the NAS Device itself.  For some reason the qnap nas was allowing me to map the drive to the share and read/write to it

But there was a extra option for windows/mac permissions that had to be turned on as well

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you mean the journal archive in EV right? you shouldnt need the exchange server for that. you can export to PST from the EV console or you can use search.asp, EV search, etc. you could also use Discovery Accelerator if you have that.

however, there are several things to consider such as losing the envelope data, PST file size, managing the PSTs afterwards, etc. we typically use a migration tool for this. let me know if you need more info and id be glad to help.

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Andrew,

found the issue.  Was the NAS Device itself.  For some reason the qnap nas was allowing me to map the drive to the share and read/write to it

But there was a extra option for windows/mac permissions that had to be turned on as well

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you're welcome. at least it got you going in the right direction.