cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JournalArchive table

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi.

I'm wondering if anybody could help me understand what process that actually purges the items in the journalarchive table in SQL?
I am talking about the situation where both the "Index commited", and "backup complete" columns are correctly populated with "1", and thereby also the watchfile table has been purged as part of the postprocessing if you have the vaultstore set to remove save sets after backup.

This is stated in technote 316761:

Notes:
   a. These items are removed from the JournalArchive Table and the WatchFile Table once Indexcommited and BackupComplete are both 1.

Currently, I have quite a few items in the journalarchive table that are both indexed and backed up. Whats the logic here?

Thanks in advance,
/Tobbe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Yea if you lower that down JournalArchive should clear down accordingly, it is a new setting in 8 afaik so that is probably why your JournalArchive is building up :)

Hopefully I have answered that for you?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

What version of EV are you using?

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi, sorry for missing the details.

This setup is running version 8.0 SP 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
could be that the item isn't truely secured, check the Backup tab on the properties of each of your partitions
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Are these items 32 days old and younger only?

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi.
I've checked the more recent partitions and the few items that are listed there as unsecured is due to regular archiving/backup cycles. I'm curious though - What could make an item to be something else than "truely secured" if it has been both indexed and backed up?

Thanks,
/Tobbe

Tobbe
Level 5
Hi again.

I think you're on to something here.
It is more than a million items but it seems as if the oldest ones are just over a month.

Your very specific question about 32 days lead me to the setting for transaction history. I guess that is the reason for keeping these items?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Yea if you lower that down JournalArchive should clear down accordingly, it is a new setting in 8 afaik so that is probably why your JournalArchive is building up :)

Hopefully I have answered that for you?

Tobbe
Level 5
Yepp, that helped me to understand the situation. Thanks!

/Tobbe