cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KVS Enterprise Vault

saanjh
Level 2
Hi

Environment: KVS Enterprise Vault using on 2007 exchange server, client Outlook 2003. Client PC win Xp pro, service pack 3 with all updates.
Problem:         Problem accessing archived email, Outlook keep freezing

I don know if it has anything to do with outlook express or KVS vault. I have tried and update the KVS vault 8 and it did resolve my issue but not 100%.
When I click on the archived emails on outlook 2003 it freezes the whole outlook 2003 and the only thing I could do is kill the process.
After applying the update now when I click the archived mail it comes up fine on the READING pane on bottom or Right in outlook, but as soon as I double click it freezes, and I have to kill the process again.

any ideas would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
that doesn't help us help you.

What update did you do?

what version of EV?  sp2 doesn't tells up what version you are.

in Outlook click Help > About Enterprise Vault.  That will tell you what version of EV your client is.

Also, is this Outlook or Outlook Express?  Hopefully Outlook, as Outlook Express is not supported for the client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Saanjh,

Its now called Enterprise Vault, well its never really been called KVS Enterprise Vault, KVS was the company bought out by Veritas and later merged with Symantec.  So that out the way, when you speak about Outlook Express, I guess you are referring to Outlook? Enterprise Vault does not support Outlook Express.

So, that out the way,
  1. What version of the Enterprise Vault Client is installed?
  2. What version of Enterprise Vault is installed on the Server?
  3. Enable Client Tracing (Shift+Ctrl+Click the Enterprise Vault Search Icon - Set Logging to maximum)
  4. Can you provide a client trace? (Help --> About Enterprise Vault --> Teach Info --> Send Log)
Oh please include full versions, this includes service packs.

--wayne

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
saanjh,

Any luck on this?

--wayne

saanjh
Level 2
Hi Wayne

I am sorry for delay in reply as I was away for more then a week.
I did update the KVS vault and it did get further but still the problem hasn’t been resolved. When I click on archived emails it was just freezing before, but after I updated it's loading the email fine but only in reading pan but if I double click the email then it freezes the whole thing.

I am using KVS sp2 now.
I don know about the server because our exchange server is not in my control.
I will get the log as soon as possible.

thanks

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
that doesn't help us help you.

What update did you do?

what version of EV?  sp2 doesn't tells up what version you are.

in Outlook click Help > About Enterprise Vault.  That will tell you what version of EV your client is.

Also, is this Outlook or Outlook Express?  Hopefully Outlook, as Outlook Express is not supported for the client.

saanjh
Level 2