cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KVS dll file causes IE to crash: gsprs.dll

jroe
Level 4

The log files do not reveal errors. It occurs while using IE.

IE then crashes and references the file. It cannot be unregistered or re-registered.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module gsprs.dll, version 15.0.0.22700, fault address 0x00001230.

steps:

a. EV has been uninstalled and reinstalled on the workstationb. tried a cache reset

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jroe
Level 4

used autoruns to remove the entry

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What makes you think that is part of the Enterprise Vault installation? And are you talking client or server?

Working for cloudficient.com

jroe
Level 4

Because its in a KVS folder and refernces to this folder in most google seach results will point to EV. This is on the workstation where the user's IE session crashes due to this vague dll file. When adjusting EV settings in registry most of the changes are in the KVS key.

Thanks for helping!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Really? Do you have a screenshot, and what version of the EV Outlook Addin was installed?

Because I don't see it on server or client (10.0.3)

jroe
Level 4

My engineer doesnt see it either! I'm guesing its something else using that folder for KVS:(

I renamed the DLL file and am having a tech disable tool tips and dr watson to see if it helps. the user has no issues using vault.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I can't find any information on gsprs.dll

jroe
Level 4

used autoruns to remove the entry

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I am glad you have it sorted, but like I said at the start, the Outlook Add-in does *nothing* to Internet Explorer, and that DLL is not part of the add-in.