cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leavers archive. Remove Exchange Server.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited
HI, I have 1300 shared mailbox archive in Vault, I create group and gave them full mailbox access to it correspond mailbox, as department are close or fused, we remove the mailbox and keep the archive, I just followed this http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/enterprise-vault-users-exchange-mail-box-users-who-leave-and-return-regularly-simple-process, then I when to the orphan archive and give permission to the group that needed that historic information. Now we moved all the mailbox to exchange 2010 and start to remove the legacy server, I follow the http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50256, and I have all the orphan archive associated with the legacy server. My question is what happen is I remove this server? my guess is I will loose the archive or in the best case scenario I will keep this archive but can't access then. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

In your environment you are moving the mailboxes to different exchange server. You are keeping your current EV server and all archives into same EV server. Hence it is possible to access those orphaned archives by providing permissions to other users.

The archives also present and able to access because all archvied data is present on EV server and storage and uness and until those are available , you are able to access the orphaned archives.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

In your environment you are moving the mailboxes to different exchange server. You are keeping your current EV server and all archives into same EV server. Hence it is possible to access those orphaned archives by providing permissions to other users.

The archives also present and able to access because all archvied data is present on EV server and storage and uness and until those are available , you are able to access the orphaned archives.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Even if I remove the legacy exchange server from the Enterprise vault?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, After removing the Exchange Server from Enterprise Vault you are able to access the archvied data from the orphaned archives using "EV Browser Search / Search / Archive Explorer".

When you use "EV Browser Search / Search / Archive Explorer" to access archived data it directly send request to EV server and fetched the information / data directly from EV server.

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Tonaco, let us know here after you have successfully migrated to Exchange 2010 :)