cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License information

Faisshaikh
Level 3
Partner

We have a 250 user licences for enterprise vault for Exchange. This number corresponds to the number of active users we have. In addition to this number we have a number of disabled users which we would like to archive too. What I was looking to know is weather these disabled users require additional licensing or are they exempt?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

The general rule is that you need a license for an active user mailbox. Groupmailboxes, resourcemailboxes etc do not require a license. I assume the same applies for disabled users (as they are not active anymore), but I am not sure. You should call Customer Support, and verify with the licensing department, or ask you local SE/Salesrep.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

The general rule is that you need a license for an active user mailbox. Groupmailboxes, resourcemailboxes etc do not require a license. I assume the same applies for disabled users (as they are not active anymore), but I am not sure. You should call Customer Support, and verify with the licensing department, or ask you local SE/Salesrep.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

Gertjan is right only active users (users that actively provide items to be archived) must be licensed.