cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links to archived items

anayeri
Level 2

I was wondering if there is a way to open individual mail archive items in the browser (it seems the HTMLView.aspx accepts parameters, "snum" seems to be the item ID). I was also wondering if the same can be achived for folders (not sure if shell.aspx can receive the parameter to open a particular folder). I am also wondering how we can find the item/folder ID either through outlook or through the web interface.

I am storing individual project emails into folder and can use search to find them. However, it would be nice to be able to keep links to important/frequently used emails in another place (e.g. an excel sheet) that I can then open up through the web interface.

4 REPLIES 4

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I am not completely certain this fulfills your requirements but you could try calling download.asp with the archiveid / folderid and savesetid / transactionid.

Something like this should work: 

https:/<Servername>/EnterpriseVault/download.asp?VaultID=<FolderOrArchiveID>&SavesetID=<TransactionOrSavesetID> 

Regarding the folder I dont believe there is a way to do this. You can always locate the folderid and savesetid using the outlook add-in. Mark an item in question, hold SHIFT + CTRL while clicking on any of the EV buttons under the Enterprise Vault Ribbon to open the Enterprise Vault Diagnose, Button Vault-information. You will find the folderid (called Archive ID) as well as the Saveset ID under "SELECTED ITEM PROPERTIES".

On the other hand simply creating a network trace in the developer options of your favorite browser when opening an item in the EV Search should also gives you a download.asp call (contains a combination of archiveid, indexseqno, etc) for that item that looks slightly different but works as well. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

AndrewB

if you want to store emails outside of exchange and EV then i strongly recommend you restore the original and not just save the shortcut

Hi Marc,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I thought I was subscribed to the thread but didn't get a notification of your response.

This is definitely very helpful. And I managed to use the diagnose tool to get the various IDs for a particular message. I am now trying to see how I can get this information through a macro (VBA) so that I can generate the right URL based on the pattern you provided. 

I've managed to use Outlook Spy to find how the Archive ID (VC_ArchiveVEID) and the Folder ID (VC_PVID) are stored and can extract them in VB.

Set objSelectedItem = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection.item(1)

'Get Folder ID
Set objSelectedFolder = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
varPVID = objSelectedFolder.PropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{D0F41A15-9E91-D111-84E6-0000F877D428}/VC_PVID/0x0000001F")
Debug.Print varPVID

'Get Archive ID
Set objSelectedStore = objSelectedFolder.Store
varArchiveVEID = objSelectedStore.PropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{D0F41A15-9E91-D111-84E6-0000F877D428}/VC_ArchiveVEID/0x0000001F")
Debug.Print varArchiveVEID

However, I'm having no luck with the SavesetID (VC_SSID) or SNUM (VC_SNUM). They should be stored at the message level but don't show up in the property listing in Outlook Spy.

Can you guide me as to how to get these values?

Thanks,

Al

Marcde

Hi,

I am sorry but I doubt I can help you on this one.Maybe using MFCMAPI to look for this propery on the item which is called "Archive Transaction ID" can help you get it done in VB?

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de