cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes + EMC EmailXtender (3TB) to Exchange 2007/2010 + Enterprise Vault Migration

CollabCommStora
Not applicable
How do I take 1TB mail plus 2TB EMC EmailXtender data from old hardware and migrate to Exchange 2007/2010 with Enterprise Vault this summer/fall?

- Official support of Exchange 2010
- Chicken and egg
- Rehydrate and migration servers scaling
- Downtime and production performance impact
- Third-party tools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hiya,

- Official support of Exchange 2010  --  Official support will come with EV 9 when it is released later this year

- Chicken and egg  --  I think I would recommend completeing the migration in groups and moving users over in batches

- Rehydrate and migration servers scaling  -- Some tools may allow you to move the archived items without restoring.

- Downtime and production performance impact  --  Some tools also allow you move items with very little to no downtime

- Third-party tools --  I believe Binary Tree and Quest both have tools to move from Domino to Exchange.  As for moving from EMC EmailXtender to EV I believe Transvault can help you with this piece.  There are some others that will do migrations from EMC to EV but I am not sure if they do Notes to Exchange

Feel free to PM if you would like for me to make an introduction.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hiya,

- Official support of Exchange 2010  --  Official support will come with EV 9 when it is released later this year

- Chicken and egg  --  I think I would recommend completeing the migration in groups and moving users over in batches

- Rehydrate and migration servers scaling  -- Some tools may allow you to move the archived items without restoring.

- Downtime and production performance impact  --  Some tools also allow you move items with very little to no downtime

- Third-party tools --  I believe Binary Tree and Quest both have tools to move from Domino to Exchange.  As for moving from EMC EmailXtender to EV I believe Transvault can help you with this piece.  There are some others that will do migrations from EMC to EV but I am not sure if they do Notes to Exchange

Feel free to PM if you would like for me to make an introduction.

Regards,