cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes and Missing View in mailfile

Katie_K
Level 2

I recently ran into an issue were I was unable to archive a Lotus Notes mailfile due to the fact that EV was reporting a view was missing.  This view was not in our template or infact in the mailfile and I could find no reference to it in the mailfile design.  I ran several tools against the file including: Compact -c, Compact -D, Fixup -F and Updall -R.  I moved the file to a new server and also re-saved the archiving settings.  None of these actions fixed the problem.  I had to re-create this view inorder to get EV to run on the file successfully. 

This was the Event Viewer error for your information:  FYI the link below does not contain any reference to a resolution for this issue.

There was an error processing a mailbox. The task will process the mailbox again on the next archiving run.

Task: Domino Mailbox Archiving Task

Mailbox: SERVERNAME/IE/Server/PwC!!mail\FILENAME

Error: View [Meeting Rooms] does not exist

Trace:
Server stack trace:
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDomino.Common.Folder.LoadContents()
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.MailboxProcessor.DiscoverFolders(List`1 archiveItems)
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.MailboxProcessor.ProcessEligibleItems()
   at LotusDominoMailboxArchivingTask.MailboxProcessor.Process()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.ThreadPoolManager.ProcessFunc.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.ThreadPoolManager.InternalCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp?EvtID=41162

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

from your post, it sounds like you were able to resolve the issue yourself and that it was an issue with the view. do you need any further assistance with this?