cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOSS archiving rollback

RG009
Level 4

Hi there,

We are using EV MOSS archiving and now planning to roll back this. Infact, users are not comfortable and we are aiming to move this to file  server and archive from there.

Could you please advise the best option to export the items from Archive back to MOSS or to a file server?

EV version is 10.0.1

Storage: NetApp (WORM)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use the EVSPShortcutManager , you can read about it in the Utilities.pdf guide

or here

About EVSPShortcutManager

HOWTO57586 | 2013-01-18

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Use the EVSPShortcutManager , you can read about it in the Utilities.pdf guide

or here

HOWTO57586 | 2013-01-18

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I've used the tool a couple of times (in the past) and it is pretty decent.  I think the most recent set of changes that affected it were the changes to use 'seamless shortcuts'.  That was done quite some time ago, so I think the tool is pretty solid, and definitely the way forward.

Curious though - what is it that is making the users uncomfortable?

Working for cloudficient.com

RG009
Level 4

Thank you Tony & Rob. Lets test this in the lab.

Re: the reason for rolling back, users prefer to access files in the old way ( i.e file share) .Also one other problem we have with the MOSS archiving is that all users can see the folder structure from the Archive explorer. i.e even if the users dont have access to the MOSS sites, they can view the site and navigate to the folders (not the items). I checked with support how to hide and i do not get any clear answer yet.

RG009
Level 4
Hi Rob, By the way, where can i find the utility? I am not able to find it under the EV folders.

TonySterling

I believe you will run this from the command line in the EV Program folder on the SharePoint server.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes Tony is correct, it's on the SharePoint server.

It was introduced, FWIW, in EV 9.0.1:

New utility to manage Enterprise Vault shortcuts in SharePoint

Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 includes a new command-line utility that enables you to manage the Enterprise Vault shortcuts that are in SharePoint. The new utility is EVSPShortcutManager.

You can use EVSPShortcutManager to replace HTML shortcuts with new shortcuts that behave exactly like SharePoint documents. The new shortcuts use the same icons as the corresponding original documents.

See the Utilities manual for details of EVSPShortcutManager.

Unfortunately the Utilities manual fails to say that it's on the SharePoint server .. D'oh.

Also worth being aware of this : http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH202830

Working for cloudficient.com