cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMQ Monitor

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi,

We have a script in place to monitor different parts of our EV environment but we're giving it an over haul, I'm also trying to get up to speed with everything it covers.

One part monitors the MSMQ and it uses a free tool called MSMQMonitor.exe from quadrotech.

So okay it lists the number of queues but it also lists "Exceed Queues" and "Failed Queues".

Has anyone else used this tool before and can they tell me what these two reference?

I want to take this free tool out of the script and use an SQL query or something else to get the same detail within Powershell but I'd also like to know what it means so we've a better idea of what impact it has, no point having it there if we don't know what it's for.

We're still on EV 8.0.4 (due to some people still using Outlook XP in the company) and this is the kind of report MSMQMonitor gives us.

System      Total Queues Exceed Queues Failed Queues

------      ------------ ------------- -------------

evserver02   28           2             0           

Queue Name                                                  Messages Type

----------                                                  -------- ----

exchange public folder task for excserver013 120330113400 r2 33       r2 

exchange public folder task for excserver013 120330113409 p5 536403   p5 

Any help would be great.

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I use this one: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/enterprise-vault-message-queue-monitor

I find that much better than the QT one. Because it is powershell, you can check all your EV-servers in one go.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I use this one: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/enterprise-vault-message-queue-monitor

I find that much better than the QT one. Because it is powershell, you can check all your EV-servers in one go.

Regards. Gertjan