cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMQ and upgrade

banana_john
Level 4

EV Upgrade

I am trying to work through the Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions 12.4, upgrading from version  11.0.1.3706.

I am at the step "Allowing the MSMQ queues to empty" (p. 33) but one of our four EV servers is taking a long time to clear its queues.

Currently the queues with items in them are

Name    Label    Number of Messages    Number of Journal Messages
enterprise vault exchange mailbox task for site1-exdag3 180213102412 a5    site1-EV3\Private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for site1-EXDAG3 180213102412 A5    7030    0
enterprise vault exchange mailbox task for site1-exdag3 180213102412 a7    site1-EV3\Private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for site1-EXDAG3 180213102412 A7    2225    0

Is there a good way to speed up the process?

I've seen on the forums (https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/service-pack-upgrade-Empty-msmq/td-p/325732) that GertjanA says to put the tasks in to report mode to let the
MSMQs diminish, so I have tried that for the tasks in question.  

I note the instructions say, "If you upgrade Enterprise Vault with items still on the queues,
the Enterprise Vault services may log error events the first time they start after the
upgrade."

Does anyone know if these are harmless error events, or are they likely to mean people can't access their old e-mails?

Thanks for reading this.  (I tried to post something similar here yesterday but I can't see it today. Apologies if this is a repeat for you.)

Regards

- John

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello John,

See THIS article.

If the important queues are 0, you can purge A5 and A7 without issues.

Regards. Gertjan