cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMQ on Cluster 2008

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Ok, according to the Install doc for EV 10, MSMQ is supposed to be on a cluster drive. Whenever I move MSMQ from local disk to the Cluster new drive, it fails.

I shutdown the MSMQ service.

I change the location for MSMQ

Start Service

and then it fails with all kinds of errors.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have to use the Cluster Manager and you need the resources set up before you start.  How were you able to install on D?  The document I linked to has the following:

The Select Storage dialog box of the High Availability Wizard lists all clustered disk resources that are available for use on the cluster. If there are not any clustered disk resources listed then you must cancel out of the High Availability Wizard, create a clustered disk resource, and start the High Availability Wizard again.

You might want to just start over.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

Did you read the chapter "Setting up the Enterprise Vault cluster services for a Windows Server failover cluster"

You need to use Cluster Manager to create the resource.

This should help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755088%28WS.10%29.aspx

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I created the MSMQ according to the doc, but on the D:\ drive. Once I tried to move it to my J:\ drive the whole thing when kaboom! The EV services fails and when i deleted the MSMQ resource and recreated it without any dependencies using Cluster Manager, it also fails. I uninstalled and reinstalled MSMQ but nothing works.

TonySterling

You have to use the Cluster Manager and you need the resources set up before you start.  How were you able to install on D?  The document I linked to has the following:

The Select Storage dialog box of the High Availability Wizard lists all clustered disk resources that are available for use on the cluster. If there are not any clustered disk resources listed then you must cancel out of the High Availability Wizard, create a clustered disk resource, and start the High Availability Wizard again.

You might want to just start over.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

The doc does not have cluster creating MSMQ the way you defined. The MSMQ is part of the EVCluster resource group and not in a seperate group.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Oh, and I tried to start over but the admin console service is in a failed state so I can not runt he Config Wizard,

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Also, I moved it to the D:\ Drive by following the instructions below...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53243

I just need to move it to the J:\ now, but the Admin Console, Directory Service are all in a failed state and I do not know why.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Ok, I think I figured it out. MSMQ gets moved to the D:\ Drive, and the cluster uses the one on the J:\.  If I try to move the MSMQ to the J:\ the cluster one fails.