Not applicable

Is there a mac client for version 8 sp2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The answer is below..

That's from the Compatibility Guide, there is a link at the top of these forums.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The answer is below..

That's from the Compatibility Guide, there is a link at the top of these forums.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It should be in the EV iso you downloaded. There's a folder called "Client for Mac OS X"

if you don't have the iso and you have to download it anyway, you might consider downloading the EV8SP5 iso and use the client from there

dzurn
Level 3

The Mac Client for Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4 doesn't work with Entourage Web Services Edition 2008 (13.x). So we just sit here and can't view ANY archived email? What a product.

Perhaps I should tell our global IT department to upgrade to EV 9. Yeah, that'll work.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Chances are that all you need is the Mac Client from EV 9 or higher.  I don't know for sure because I'm not a proficient Mac user, nor do I have that flavour of Entourage.

However it will help you, I can ask our Certification Team if they know the answer or have it documented somewhere.

dzurn
Level 3

Thanks! That would be terrific if it can work.

I'm used to the way Microsoft runs their Entourage program, where I had to have the exact matching client for whatever version of Exchange Server that was being run.

I actually couldn't have both old and new Entourage clients installed! I had to wait to upgrade (and see if I could read any emails!) until the hour that our IS department told me that my email account had been migrated to the new server. What a headache!

Please let me know if I can use the newer client. I might see if I can find that and try it out.

Thanks

Darryl